Welcome to the Blog for Anne Herbert Photography


My recent work is featured here or you can browse the archive links below for older posts. And please feel free to leave comments, I love hearing from you.



November 21, 2010

Down on the Farm {Harford County, Maryland Photographer}

During my Maryland sessions I lucked out and had great weather except for one shoot.  Erin and I went back and forth all day trying to decide if we should go for it or not, then finally decided to reschedule.  We needed a new location too since we were going to shoot in the morning rather than the evening, and I called on my neighbor to see if she would let us shoot at her farm.  Yes, by now you all know what a great neighbor I have and how supportive she has been, and she said yes with no hesitation.  It turns out that changing locations was a blessing because we were able to get some amazing and unique photos of Erin and her husband Rich and daughter Nola.

Nola was right at home right away.  She starting exploring and fell (almost instantly) in love with some wooden cows my neighbor had leaning up against her barn.  She loved them so much there was no getting her to look my way!  Granted, these cows were much more interesting than little old me, but I did need to have her look at the camera for at least some shots.  We needed a Plan B quick, because sometimes you have to punt!  I wish you could have seen us out there.  Rich grabbed the baby cow and took it behind me and voila, she was looking my way!  For ten minutes Rich played with that wooden cow with Erin cheering him on, all of us laughing at ourselves, and getting great pictures of Nola.  I don't think I'll ever forget that moment.

Here are some pictures from down on the farm...



Here's Nola practicing "big sister"...


Nola is so young, but she has such a depth of personality.  I really like this next shot because she showed me something sweet and classic after the excitement wore off.


Erin and Rich...


And some goofing off...


Nola was also my Happy Halloween model, and you can see more pictures of her here.  Erin and Rich, thanks for a great morning.  Here's to hoping your next one is as amazing as your first!

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of them!

    Great job!

    Karin (Rich's sister)

    ReplyDelete

Search the Blog

All images property of Anne Herbert Photography. Powered by Blogger.