Welcome to the Blog for Anne Herbert Photography


My recent work is featured here or you can browse the archive links below for older posts. And please feel free to leave comments, I love hearing from you.



November 8, 2010

Built to Last {Harford County, Maryland Family Photographer}

I recently got to photograph a truly unique family in Fallston.  They wanted to do the session at their home, and I love that because I think when photographs are more personal they are more meaningful.  I did not really know what I was in store for though, because when I got there they told me that dad J.D. had built the house himself!  When he told me that hardest part was clearing out the woods I was blown away at what a labor of love this was.  Every detail of this home inside and out is carefully crafted, and it goes together as well as this family.

Ashley is one of those moms that really knows what she's doing, and makes raising three kiddos look not only effortless, but fun!  Harper and Caleb, or "Bub" as Harper calls him (are you loving that as much as I do?!) are quite literally best friends, and little Iley is a sweetie who fits in perfectly.  Here they are at home...



Hanging out on the front porch for awhile... 


 The kids swarmed super-daddy!  Seriously I think everyone laughed the whole time, it was great.


Here's Ashley playing with little Iley...


And one of each cute kiddo!  Harper has some of the most striking blue eyes...


Caleb, well look at this little guy, he's quite the natural!  Too cute!


Here is Iley out front.  Ashley and J.D. mentioned he can be a tad bit moody sometimes, but look at this face, could you believe it? :)  Of course he was an angel the whole time I was there.


Ashley and J.D., thank you for having me to (and into!) your home.  I had a great time meeting your kiddos, and loved spending time watching you be amazing parents.  

Do you know Ashley and J.D.?  Leave them a comment and let them know how crazy adorable their kids are! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ashley and JD -- your family, home, and property are beautiful. Pictures turn out well not just because of great photographers like Anne but also because of great subjects. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of Anne's time in MD. She's doing a great job with her photography, and I love that I get to see how your family is doing!

    Katie Wirth

    ReplyDelete

Search the Blog

All images property of Anne Herbert Photography. Powered by Blogger.