Welcome to the Blog for Anne Herbert Photography


My recent work is featured here or you can browse the archive links below for older posts. And please feel free to leave comments, I love hearing from you.



January 7, 2011

Hello, Gorgeous! {Phoenix Family Photographer}

Welcome back from the holidays and Happy New Year!  I'll get to explaining my title in a second but first I'd like to let you know that I am working on the very important New Years Resolution of excellent posture this year, so if any of you see me slouching please yank back my shoulders for me and give me a good little thwack on the back!  I know it's small and silly, but I am slowly turning into one of those dear little old ladies you see at the grocery store who's head juts out like a little turtle.  I'm not sure what my animal counterpart is but I am sure that it is not a turtle.

So, on to more embarrassing things.  I shot this family session before the holidays (yes, yes, just now posting).  This family actually happens to be good friends with my family.  In fact, they were kind enough to invite us to celebrate Christmas Eve with them since we were orphaned out in Arizona this year for the holidays.  It didn't feel like Arizona though, it was unseasonably and bitterly cold.  

Molly is an amazing cook, and she has taken on her mother's tradition of preparing several gourmet soups in addition to a table full of amazing appetizers and desserts on Christmas Eve.  As the children sat nicely at the kitchen table (read: they were laughing, running, and screaming all over the house) we sat down with Molly's mother, father, sister, and mutual good friends to enjoy our food.  I happened to be seated next to Molly's husband, Tim.  During dinner I noticed that Tim was wearing a very nice argyle sweater vest.  I saw the vest and thought of my husband - what a great addition a vest like that would be to his wardrobe.  He's always looking for business casual attire since he wears a suit and tie to work, and the rest of his closet is filled with jeans and t-shirts.  Should a red flag have gone off in my head at this moment?  Who knows, but no flags waved what-so-ever and I said,  "Hey Matt, you should get yourself a sweater vest like this."  I pointed to Tim.  "Doesn't it look good?"

Matt smiled the smile that a tennis or volleyball player does before they spike the ball down hard on your side of the court.  "Oh, you like that do ya?  Is that workin' for you, Anne?"  Now if you know my husband you know he just loves to catch me in a moment like this.  Let the embarrassment and comments from around the table begin!  All I can say is that I'm glad I could provide a good laugh for our friends and their family on a cold holiday night.  And you know what, embarrassment really warms you up!

Now on to the pictures from their family session.  Here are Molly and Tim with their two sons, Logan and Blake...








Just the boys...





Blake and his baby blues...



And a shot of all of the cousins from their extended family shoot...


Thanks again Molly and Tim, it was a pleasure to take your pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Anne! Great shots, that little Blake is going be to a heart breaker with those eyes. Talk to you soon - Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these and I am going to keep my eye out for an argyle sweater for Matt:)) Thanks for taking such beautiful pictures of my family and being such a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family too, Matt! I'll bet you all had a great Christmas in the new house this year.

    And you're welcome, Molly!! You let me know if you find a good one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures ann! We took ours at wild horse pass it did turn out good and I loved how the location turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Search the Blog

All images property of Anne Herbert Photography. Powered by Blogger.